The German company AVM has taken advantage of the MWC 2022 stage to present its most important novelties under the slogan «The Smart Wi-Fi Experience», that is, the «intelligent Wi-Fi experience. We expected to have news about the definitive version of FRITZ!OS 7.50, as we told you at the time in this article, but at the moment we do not have any official information.
The AVM FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber was, without a doubt, the star novelty of the event. It is a universal fiber optic router compatible with Wi-Fi 6 that can work at 10 Gbps. It comes with a dual-band configuration that reaches 2,400 Mbps at 5 GHz and 1,200 Mbps at the 2.4 GHz band. It also has a telephone switchboard and has two USB 3.0 ports to share devices on the home network, such as NAS hard drives or network printers. Thanks to the ecosystem of applications we can use these connectors to create our own cloud.
A look at the complete specifications of the FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber from AVM
- Compatible with all standard European fiber optic connections: up to 10 Gbit/s with GPON, AON, XG-PON, XGS-PON, via SFP module.
- Wi-Fi 6 4 x 4 in the 5 GHz (2400 Mbit/s) and 2.4 GHz (1200 Mbit/s) bands.
- Phone system for DECT, IP and analog phones.
- Two USB 3.0 ports for printers and storage devices (NAS).
- Uses the FRITZ!OS operating system with parental control and advanced features, including media server, FRITZ!NAS, guest Wi-Fi access, MyFRITZ! and much more.
- Full integration with the free apps MyFRITZ!App, FRITZ!App Fon, FRITZ!App WLAN, FRITZ!App Smart Home and FRITZ!App TV.
- Guaranteed automatic updates that improve security and performance.
- Five-year warranty.
Other important announcements
Together with the FRITZ!Box 5590 Fiber, AVM has also presented the FRITZ!Box 6690, a new high-performance router that has Wi-Fi 6 (4 x 4) and LAN to 2 .5Gbps The German company has also recalled that, if we need a router for DLS connections instead of fiber, the FRITZ!Box 7590 AX is its star option. This model recently arrived on the Spanish market, and is capable of making the most of this type of connection thanks to 35b supervectorization and Wi-Fi 6.
The rest of the products that AVM has shown have been the FRITZ! Box 4060, a tri-band wireless router compatible with Wi-Fi 6, which is ideal for browsing with a fiber optic modem or cable and that has a DECT switchboard; the FRITZ! Box 6850 5G, which will allow us to always be connected to the Internet; the FRITZ!Repeater 6000, one of the best repeaters on the market, thanks to its features and its triple band configuration; and the FRITZ!Repeater 1200 AX, a compact yet high-performance repeater that supports Wi-Fi 6.
AVM has confirmed that all these new products are compatible with Wi-Fi Mesh, a technology that allows multiple wireless access points to be combined to create an intelligent mesh network, with which we can increase the range and quality of our Wi-Fi network.
We’ll keep an eye out for the announcement of FRITZ!OS 7.50 in its final version, and if this happens we’ll tell you all its news, don’t worry.