Banana Nutrition Facts & Health Benefits
Who does not like bananas? It is one of the most delightful fruits in the world that is perfect for our health. Bananas are full of nutrients, carbohydrates, fibers, vitamins, potassium, and have high antioxidants. This fruit can solve many health issues like diabetes, help in losing weight, improve the nervous system, and helps in producing white blood cells. Moreover, bananas are beneficial in reducing swelling. Bananas belong from the ‘Musa’ plant family. This fruit is grown in warm regions of the world like Southeast Asia. In some regions, bananas are even used for cooking and these are known as ‘Plantains’. Read this article below if you want to know more Banana nutrition facts and health benefits. So let’s dive in! Know more about Mcdonalds Nutrition.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Banana?
Do you have any idea of how beneficial banana is for our health? Well, let me tell you some of the benefits that bananas provide us.
Perfect For Heart
- Banana contains potassium that is effective for your arteries and protects them to get hard.
- Banana also contains mineral electrolyte that provides electric charge to your body and stimulates nerves and muscle contractions. That’s why it helps to manage your heart rate.
- It protects you from cardiac arrest that usually happens due to high blood pressure.
Changes Your Mood
- Banana contains L-tryptophan and the human body converts it into serotonin. It is the mood-boosting brain neurotransmitter that helps to reduce depression.
- It contains vitamin B6 that will improve your sleep routine and magnesium will help in muscle relaxation.
It Helps to Lose Weight
- Banana nutrition and rich fiber will meet 10% of your daily requirement of fiber. Vitamin B6 works to prevent Type 2 diabetes.
- Bananas are best for overweight people because their sweet and savory taste will fulfill your cravings and fill your stomach.
- Banana starch will help you to regulate blood sugar.
Makes Your Healthy & Fit
- Bananas are far more efficient and healthier than energy drinks. The serotonin and dopamine in bananas will help improve your sportsman spirit.
- It contains fructooligosaccharides, non-digestive carbohydrates that stimulate digestive-friendly probiotics and improve the body’s capacity to assimilate calcium.
- Banana antioxidants will help to reduce your oxidative stress.
Best For Eyesight & Vision
- Bananas also contain Vitamin A that will help you to improve your vision and eyesight and its proteins will help in inducing light to corneas.
- Moreover, It protects you from macular degeneration which blurs your vision.
Prevent Kidney Cancer
- If a person eats bananas regularly with balanced consumption, the danger of kidney cancer will be reduced by 40%.
- If a woman eats 4 to 6 bananas in a week, the risk will be reduced by half.
According to the 2k17 meta-analysis report, green bananas that are not fully ripe will help you to overcome gastric problems and diarrhea. If you eat daily one green banana then you can easily maintain your cholesterol level and BP. Eating green bananas is beneficial for people suffering from HIV. Banana nutrition will be more after they turn fully ripe and become yellow with black spots. They can help to increase the strength of white blood cells that fight against other diseases in your body. Learn more about the sauna room and steam room.
Banana Nutrition Facts
Below are some nutritious facts about bananas that you need to know in order to get a healthy life.
- One average-sized banana contains 89 calories, 75% water, 1.1g protein, 2.6g sugar, 0.3g fat, 22.8g carbohydrates.
- Bananas contain rich carbohydrates that are found mainly in its starch of unripe bananas and sugar in ripe bananas.
- Ripe green bananas contain more than 80% starch and when fully ripe it is reduced to 1%. You’ll get glucose, sucrose, and fructose sugar in ripe yellow bananas.
- This fruit also contains fiber such as pectin and is soluble in water.
- You’ll get many vitamins in bananas such as potassium (Lower BP), Vitamin B6, and C.
Some Other Facts Regarding Bananas
- It is the first discovered fruits back in 8000 BC and it was found in New Guinea.
- Banana is known as “fruit of the wise men”.
- Bananas are compared with hands and fingers. Such as, a bunch is called a hand, and a single banana is called a finger, and a banana itself is identified as a berry.
- According to Botany, there is no difference between banana and plantains. The only difference is we can eat a banana without cooking. and plantain is a starchier fruit and we cooked it before eating.
- Banana is basically a radioactive fruit due to the presence of potassium. Read more about national institute of health.
All In All
Banana nutrition, carbohydrates, vitamins, and fibers are most significant for the human body. To live a healthy life you have to consume more and more vegetables and fruits but bananas alone give you so many benefits that even if you eat a banana daily you’ll get rid of many health problems.
Hope you’ll get the complete information regarding bananas and after reading this blog you’ll become more regular in consuming bananas.