Nintendo has announced in the early hours of this Wednesday the definitive closure of the services of the digital stores eShop of the Nintendo 3DS family of consoles > and Wii U. Effective the end of March 2023, players of New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, Wii U Deluxe and Wii U Basic will not be able to buy games, download demos or purchase free-to-play titles; but it will be possible to continue downloading those games, demos and digital content that we already had purchased with our Nintendo Network ID. This article serves as a questions and answers to try to resolve your possible doubts.
You might be interested in Worldle is the game inspired by Wordle that tests how much you know about geography
Will we still be able to download 3DS and Wii U games after March 2023?
Nintendo 3DS and Wii U players who visit the eShop after the discontinuation of store services at the end of March 2023 will still be able to download previously purchased content. That is: video games, demos, additional downloadable content (DLC), etc. Also updates.
- On Nintendo 3DS it will be possible to download “a small number of themes from the Theme Store”.
- On both consoles it will be possible to continue downloading updates to existing games .
- On both consoles it will be possible to re-download content already purchased.
Here’s what you won’t be able to do after the 3DS and Wii U eShop closes
- It will not be possible to purchase paid content, including video games, DLC content, add funds to our wallet, redeem codes, download free-to-start content or perform microtransactions. It will only be possible to re-download what we had previously purchased.
- Titles with affected microtransactions (purchase activity will cease). On 3DS: StreetPass Mii Plaza, Theme Shop, Nintendo Badge Arcade, and Pokémon Bank. On Wii U: Wii Sports Club.
When can we stop adding funds to our portfolio?
- We will no longer be able to use credit cards to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems after May 23, 2022.
- We will no longer be able to use Nintendo eShop cards to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems after August 29, 2022.
- You will still be able to redeem download codes until the end of March 2023.
It may interest you: Nintendo announces the definitive closure of the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShop: date and details
Source and more information | Nintendo of America
Related Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus: How to Evolve Murkrow to Honchkrow