Elden Ring is a new open world action RPG developed by FromSoftware, best known for their work on the Dark Souls and Bloodborne series. The game takes place in the Lands Between, where players can explore various dungeons and face many optional bosses. There’s also online multiplayer, where players can engage in light-hearted cooperation or invade others. Speaking of which, here’s how to invade other players in Elden Ring.
Invading other players in Elden Ring
To invade other players’ worlds, you’ll need either the Festering Bloody Finger or the Recusing Finger. The first is a single-use consumable item that can be obtained in any of the following ways:
- Shopping at Patches in Murkwater Cave
- Buying from the nomadic trader in East Limgrave
- Obtained as a gift from Varre outside Rose Church, just west of Raya Lucaria’s Academy in Liurnia of the Lakes
However, if you want to make invading other players in the Elden Ring a hobby, you’ll definitely want to get the Recusant Finger as soon as you can. This item is reusable, allowing you to invade anything you want without repercussions, as well as dying and losing all your Runes.
Getting the recusing finger in Elden Ring
- Head over to Liurnia of the Lakes and come to this small overlook just east of the Scenic Lake Site of Grace.
- Talk to the NPC in the gazebo and he will ask you to help him retrieve the necklace from her.
- Head northwest of the roundabout to find the Boilprawn Shack grace spot and rest there.
- Kill the NPC you find there, then return to the lady in the gazebo.
- Progress through the story until you reach the Altus Plateau region.
- Go to the Lux Ruins Grace Site, towards the south of the region.Talk to the lady there and take her hand, and you’ll be transported to Volcano Manor.
- Speak to the leader of Volcano Manor. Agree to join her pact and you will receive a key and access to a side room in the mansion, where you can collect the recusing finger.
You can use the recusing finger from your inventory, or put it in your inventory or bag slot and use it from there. If there are players online using co-op in your location, you can invade their world and try to kill them.
That’s all you need to know about how to invade other players in Elden Ring. Be sure to check out our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.