The FRITZ!Box 4060 is a tri-band router compatible with the Wi-Fi 6 standard that recently became one of the most important novelties of the well-known German manufacturer AVM. Its external design surprised us, since it is a product that is far from the classic line that the most recent AVM routers have, but in general terms, I like the bet that the company has made for a angular finish and an almost absolute white tone, which is only broken by a small touch of red.
In terms of performance, the FRITZ!Box 4060 makes it clear why it is one of the most attractive models within its price range. This router is prepared to work in «bridge» mode with any fiber optic, cable or DLS modem, which means that we can use it without having to deal with complicated configurations, and without fear of possible problems. of compatibility.
But that’s not all, the FRITZ!Box 4060 is not only a router with a high degree of compatibility that makes simplicity its flagship, it is also a last generation model that is ready to work with the Wi-Fi 6 standard, and is capable of offering a high level of performance, thanks to its tri-band configuration, and the presence of three Gigabit LAN ports.
FRITZ!Box 4060: Specifications and official price in Spain
- Special router for bridge mode (without modem functions) with connection to any fiber optic, cable or DSL modem.
- Tri-band router (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz + 5 GHz) with Wi-Fi Mesh support.
- Combined speed up to 6 Gbps under Wi-Fi 6 (1200 Mbps + 2400 Mbps + 2400 Mbps).
- 4×4 multi-user MIMO.
- WPA2 and WPA3 encryption.
- Parental control and guest network features.
- DECT base for 6 cordless phones and home automation devices (ULE).
- NAS server and integrated media player (UPnP-AV).
- Three Gigabit LAN ports and a USB 3.0 port, which will allow us to share printers and storage.
- IPv6 compatible.
- FRITZ!OS as an operating system is compatible with the entire ecosystem of FRITZ! from AVM.
- Five-year warranty.
- Measures: 81 x 210 x 170 mm.
- Average consumption: 9-11 watts.
Its maximum peak of 6 Gbps is a guarantee, and of course it is an impressive figure, since it is equivalent to 750 MBps. To put it into some context, this means that if we were able to reach and maintain that maximum performance peak with the FRITZ!Box 4060, we could download a 45GB game in about a minute.
The FRITZ!Box 4060 is now available in the Spanish market at a price of 229.66 euros, VAT included.