Horizon Forbidden West has arrived, bringing a host of new traversal features to exploring the world, including the ability to explore vast underwater caves and an improved free-climbing system for scaling cliffs and building ruins. One of the obstacles that Aloy will encounter in his adventure are the sunken barriers that are found underwater. If he’s struggling to figure out what to do with Horizon Forbidden West Sunken Barriers this guide will explain everything you need to know.
What are sunken barriers?
Sunken Barriers or Rock Barriers, as his Focus calls them, are piles of rocks that Aloy can destroy to gain access to a collectible or stashes of crafting materials and other resources.
When scanned with Aloy’s Focus, the following description is provided:
“Loose stones piled up blocking access. It can be cleansed with the power of prayer.”
Sunken Barrier locations are marked on your map with a rectangular-shaped icon with what looks like an eye in the center, shown in the screenshot below.
Breaking Sunken Barriers in Horizon Forbidden West
- To destroy the sunken Barriers, you must swim towards them, then press and hold R2 to use Aloy’s spear to pry up the debris on his way.
- By holding R2 and filling the small circle that forms around the button indicator on the screen, Aloy will manage to release some of the debris, causing the Barrier Sunken be destroyed.
Why can’t I destroy a sunken barrier?
During our time on Horizon Forbidden West, we found a couple of Sunken Barriers that, at first glance, seemed unbreakable.
This is not really the case. Instead, you’ll need to get to the other side of the sunken barrier and then you can destroy it.
As such, be sure to fully scan your surroundings to find your way to the other side of the barrier.
That’s everything you need to know about how to break underwater sunken barriers in Horizon Forbidden West. For more tips, tricks, and guides, head over to our wiki, or check out more of our coverage of the game below.
- PlayStation program to plant 3 trees each time this Horizon Forbidden West trophy is unlocked
- Horizon Forbidden West LEGO Tallneck & Aloy available May 2022
- Horizon Forbidden West Review: Best of the West
- Horizon Forbidden West Accessibility Features Detailed by PlayStation
- Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut gets Horizon Forbidden West Gear and more with new update
search to get more