Just like the first game, Horizon Forbidden West features a wide variety of different outfits and pieces of gear to equip Aloy with. These not only alter his appearance, but also add layers of protection and different buffs to increase his defense in combat. Here’s how to change armor and get more outfits in Horizon Forbidden West if you’re not sure about the process.
How to get more outfits in Horizon Forbidden West
To get more outfits, you’ll need to go to a Stitcher, who are NPC merchants usually found in settlements. They are marked on your map with an armor/equipment icon, which basically looks like a shirt. Talk to them and buy them for some metal shards (the main currency). Some types of armor will also need different machine components to craft; for example, Carja Wanderer’s outfit requires a Sunwing Circulator and 399 Metal Shards.
Read our guide on how to get metal shards quickly if you don’t have enough to craft an armor piece.
How to change armor
To change armor in Horizon Forbidden West, follow these simple steps:
- Press the touchpad to open the various menus in the game and use L1 to go to the Inventory.
- Go to Outfits in the sidebar menu and press X, and then you can choose from the different outfits you have.
- Hold X on the one you want to equip, and voila!
That’s everything you need to know about how to change armor and get more outfits in Forbidden Horizon West. For more tips, tricks and guides, check out our guide wiki or search for dlprivateserver.
If you have a specific question that you can’t find an answer to anywhere on the website, feel free to reach out in the comments section below, and we’ll do our best to help.
- PlayStation program to plant 3 trees each time this Horizon Forbidden West trophy is unlocked
- Horizon Forbidden West LEGO Tallneck & Aloy available May 2022
- Horizon Forbidden West Review: Best of the West
- Horizon Forbidden West Accessibility Features Detailed by PlayStation
- Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut gets Horizon Forbidden West Gear and more with new update
search to get more