The Horizon Forbidden West map is absolutely massive. It’s also packed with machines waiting to face Aloy in a battle to the death. This can make getting from one point to another for a mission quite a slow and arduous process, especially if you come across some of the tougher machines that roam Tenakth’s territory. Fortunately, you can make things a little faster and more convenient with the Horizon Forbidden West Fast Travel system.
Unlocking Fast Travel Points
Before you can fast travel anywhere, you must first have visited a location on the map. Any settlement or icon on your map will can fast travel once you’ve visited them once, though this will require a fast travel pack to do so.
The easiest way to use fast travel in Horizon Forbidden West is by visiting the various campfires scattered around the world. These not only allow you to do a ‘Quick’ and ‘Manual’ save to record your progress, but also allow you to fast travel for free.
You can find campfire locations by opening your map and looking for the campfire icon. Visiting Tallnecks will remove the “fog” covering the map, as will exploring these areas on foot or on the back of a mount.
Using fast travel in Horizon Forbidden West
- To fast travel for free, visit a campfire somewhere on the map and press Circle.This will open your map and you can move the cursor with the left analog stick to select different areas.
- Select another campfire you’ve already visited with your cursor. You can now press R2 to fast travel to this campfire for free, without having to spend one of the consumable fast travel packs.
- Alternatively, you can open your map at any time with the touchpad, select a settlement or other place of interest on your map, and press R2 to fast travel.This will require you to use a fast travel pack and a message will appear on the screen notifying you of this.
Buy fast travel packs
You can buy a Fast Travel Pack from any merchant in the game for 25 Metal Shards.
While these are useful, we generally find that due to the large number of campfires dotted around the map, most of the time you can save your metal shards and fast travel for free by using them.
That’s everything you need to know about How to fast travel in Horizon Forbidden West. For more tips, tricks, and guides, head over to our wiki, or check out more of our coverage of the game below.
- PlayStation program to plant 3 trees each time this Horizon Forbidden West trophy is unlocked
- Horizon Forbidden West LEGO Tallneck & Aloy available May 2022
- Horizon Forbidden West Review: Best of the West
- Horizon Forbidden West Accessibility Features Detailed by PlayStation
- Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut gets Horizon Forbidden West Gear and more with new update
search to get more