The newest game from Guerrilla Games sees the return of not only Aloy, but also the fearsome machines that now rule the Earth. In Horizon Forbidden West, crafting and upgrading will require components, and obtaining them requires a more strategic and careful approach. To make sure you have the best possible chance of getting the part you want, here’s how to tag enemies and machine parts with your Focus in Horizon Forbidden West.
How to tag enemies and machine parts with your focus in Horizon Forbidden West
When approaching any given machine threat, especially those unknown to you, it’s best to understand what you’re up against before committing. By scanning the machine, you will learn its strengths and weaknesses, as well as the important parts that allow it to function.
This can remove attacks from your arsenal, expose more weak points, or generate valuable resources to make you even stronger in the long run. It is extremely important to get this right.
- Approach the enemy stealthily
- Hold Right Analog Stick/R3 to activate Focus Scan
- Tag enemies with R2 to see where they are at all times
- Select the part you want to target by using left and right on the d-pad to cycle through them, and press Triangle to label that part.
By making sure you know where the enemies are, as well as the parts you want to rip out or keep intact for valuable resources, you can ensure that Aloy comes out of every encounter with a ripe harvest.
That’s everything you need to know about how to tag enemies and machine parts with your Focus in Horizon Forbidden West. For even more tips and tricks on the rest of the game, including weapon techniques, swimming underwater for too long, or things to do first, be sure to check out our Wiki Guide for the game. Be sure to also check out the related content below.
If you have any other questions that haven’t been answered, please leave them in the comments below so we can answer them.
- PlayStation program to plant 3 trees each time this Horizon Forbidden West trophy is unlocked
- Horizon Forbidden West LEGO Tallneck & Aloy available May 2022
- Horizon Forbidden West Review: Best of the West
- Horizon Forbidden West Accessibility Features Detailed by PlayStation
- Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut gets Horizon Forbidden West Gear and more with new update
search to get more