When it comes to Horizon Forbidden West, it’s clear that Guerrilla Games has the action part to the letter. However, there are also certain parts of the game that are more about puzzles and platforming, and that’s where the new Pullcaster tool comes into play. Whether it’s to progress through a particular section of the game or to get to an out of reach box of valuables, here’s how to use the Pullcaster in Horizon Forbidden West.
Aloy gets the Pullcaster early in the game, but the purpose of it will always come in handy throughout your later adventures. Its main use is to help our heroine reach higher heights using certain anchor points, and also to pull certain objects with blue elements. This can be vents, beams and bars, and even boxes.
This will allow players to find new routes to navigate, as well as unlock certain secrets in many locations throughout the West.
Using the Pullcaster in Horizon Forbidden West
- Hold L2 to aim.
- Press Triangle to switch to Pullcaster. When aimed correctly, the reticle becomes narrower.
- Hold R2 to fire the Pullcaster and keep Aloy pulling.
- To reach heights at a pace, locate an anchor point and press X after jumping.
Make sure to always keep an eye out for those items, as they can be key to helping you get through some of the puzzle sections of the game. At the very least, you can get some valuable items to help you on your adventure.
That’s all you need to know about how to use the Pullcaster in Horizon Forbidden West. For even more tips and tricks on the rest of the game, including how to break sunken barriers, what to do with Metal Flowers, or what to do first, be sure to check out our Wiki Guide for the game. Be sure to also check out the related content below.
If you have any other questions that haven’t been answered, please leave them in the comments below so we can answer them.
- PlayStation program to plant 3 trees each time this Horizon Forbidden West trophy is unlocked
- Horizon Forbidden West LEGO Tallneck & Aloy available May 2022
- Horizon Forbidden West Review: Best of the West
- Horizon Forbidden West Accessibility Features Detailed by PlayStation
- Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut gets Horizon Forbidden West Gear and more with new update
search to get more