As you explore the world of Horizon Forbidden West, you’ll occasionally come across objects or areas that you won’t be able to access right away. One of these items is metal flowers, which also appeared in the first game. In the Forbidden West, however, the way you’ll interact with them has changed slightly, giving up their previous use as a mere collectible in Horizon Zero Dawn. Here’s how to destroy Metal Flowers in Horizon Forbidden West.
What do metal flowers do?
As noted above, metal flowers are no longer just collectibles in Horizon Forbidden West. This time, you will need to destroy them or, more specifically, you will need to interact with them with special equipment to dissolve the vines around them.
This will often reveal a useful stash of crafting materials or items that you can sell for additional metal shards, or will unlock a path for you to continue on your quest.
How to destroy metal flowers in Horizon Forbidden West
- To destroy Metal Flowers, you will need to get the Vine Cutter upgrade for Aloy’s spear. This is obtained during the quest ‘Seeds of the Past’. This is a main story mission so you really can’t miss it, but you won’t be able to do anything with Metal Flowers until you’ve reached this mission. It has a recommended level of 24.
- Once you have Vine Cutter installed on Aloy’s spear, you need to press R1 to attack Metal Flower a few times.
- When fully open, hold R1 to install the Vine Cutter module. Doing so will destroy the vines around it, revealing the reward for your efforts.
That’s all you need to know about how to destroy metal flowers. Our Horizon Forbidden West wiki has plenty more tips and tricks to help you and Aloy on your quest through Tenakth territory. Be sure to check it out or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- PlayStation program to plant 3 trees each time this Horizon Forbidden West trophy is unlocked
- Horizon Forbidden West LEGO Tallneck & Aloy available May 2022
- Horizon Forbidden West Review: Best of the West
- Horizon Forbidden West Accessibility Features Detailed by PlayStation
- Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut gets Horizon Forbidden West Gear and more with new update
search to get more