Lost Ark is an MMOARPG developed by Smilegate RPG and Tripod Studio, and it just hit English-speaking territories this month. The game takes place in Arkesia, where there are plenty of dungeons to explore and loot to chase, especially as you get into the end game content. Here’s how the Gear Honing system works in Lost Ark.
Lost Ark Gear Honing System Explained
Gear Honing is basically the game’s version of upgrading and upgrading your weapons and armor. This will help increase the level of your element, allowing you to take on the more challenging end activities as you get there.
How to unlock
Gear Honing can only be unlocked once you’ve reached level 50 and completed all story missions. Once you reach Vern Castle in the North Vern region, clear all blue story quest markers, and this will give you access to various activities like Chaos Dungeons and the Tower, as well as the Gear Honing process itself.
From now on, you can look on your map for the gray hammer icon, which indicates the location of the Gear Honing NPC. They can be found in major hub cities, so feel free to talk to them when you want to upgrade your gear in the Lost Ark.
- Once you have located the Gear Honing NPC, talk to them to bring up the upgrade menu.On the left side of the screen, you will see a list of all available pieces of equipment to upgrade. Note that you can only hone late-game armor sets, and you can farm them very easily by jumping into Chaos Dungeons, so we recommend doing a Chaos Dungeon run first before starting the honing process.
- Choose the piece of gear you want to upgrade.Click on the item you want to upgrade and it will show you the cost. The early stages will only require Harmony Shards, and we have a farming guide here to help you with that.
- Confirm your selection and the sharpening process will begin.An important thing to note is that the more you upgrade a piece of equipment, the lower the success rate for the upgrade process. As the success rate starts to drop, you may want to consider using Star’s Breath to increase that rate and not waste your resources.
As you progress through the end game content, you may encounter new pieces of gear that drop at a higher item level than your honed pieces. Fortunately, with the Gear Transfer system, you can transfer all the upgrades from your existing gear to the new ones without wasting your already spent resources.
Again, talk to any Gear Honing NPC and choose the Gear Transfer option at the bottom of the screen. Choose the team you want to transfer to, as well as the team you want to get rid of.
You’ll need to pay a small amount of shillings to complete the process, and the price can go up based on your armor upgrade, but shillings are fairly easy to farm, so there shouldn’t be too much trouble there. Confirm your selection and you’re done.
That’s all you need to know about how the Gear Honing system works in Lost Ark. Be sure to search for dlprivateserver for more tips and information on the game.
- Lost Ark developers promise to address lack of premium content and crystalline aura issues this week
- Lost Ark Review: Small Numbers Bad, Big Numbers Good
- Prime members will be able to get free gifts from Lost Ark and other games this February
- Here’s a rundown of what the final Lost Ark game will look like
- The exclusive Lost Ark hybrid MMO-ARPG will be released in early 2022
search to get more