The independent video game Martha is Dead has very hard sequences. That has been the main reason why the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 versions have had to be modified. Some elements are no longer playable on Sony machines, while players on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PC will enjoy the original experience. VGC has also published the censored scenes in a video.
It is important to point out that the content may offend the viewer’s sensibility, so we recommend not viewing it and not continuing reading in case you do not want to discover spoilers or reveal graphic scenes.
- Full video (caution, spoilers and scenes that may hurt the viewer’s sensitivity)
All changes from the censored version
- The facial skinning scene is no longer playable.
- The sequence where Giulia opens Martha’s uterus is no longer interactive.
- Added the ability to skip censored scenes when playing the game.
- The notice that appears at the beginning of the game has been updated. It is clearer and includes warnings about abortion.
- The message to ask for help now appears at the beginning on all platforms.
- Any mention of masturbation has been completely removed during the episode of the Church.
Martha is Dead is a game set in 1944, in the middle of the great war. Both the German side and the allies fight on the battlefield, at which point a desecrated corpse appears, that of young Martha. Ella’s twin sister Giulia must discover what has happened and survive the horror of war.
The game is now available in a digital version for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PC. The physical edition has been delayed due to the changes that have had to perform, although this version will only be available on Sony consoles.
Font | VGC