If you’re looking for a foodhack or kitchen shortcut to solve the stale bread drama, stop here. It often happens that someone buys a loaf of bread, forgets it, and ends up throwing it away because it is inedible, unpleasant in texture or uncomfortable to chew.
With this trick you’ll be able to revive those stale buns, that lonely loaf of bread that looks like papier-mâché, or take advantage of that ciabatta to make a delicious sandwich.
Sign up for HBO Max Spain
If you like series like Friends, The Sopranos or Game of Thrones, HBO Max has these and many more in its catalog.
To revive stale bread with the infallible advice of chef Fabián León on YouTube, you will only need two things: a source and water. The good thing is that the technique works even if the bread was bought several days ago.
Then follow these simple steps.
- Fill the tray or baking dish you are going to use with drinking water. The one from the tap is valid.
- Take the bread, put it in the water and turn it until it is well soaked.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Put the wet loaf of bread in the oven.
- The bread will only absorb the water it needs to be juicy. The remaining water will evaporate and in this way, the crumb will be appetizing and fluffy and the crust crisp again.
It’s a great way to have freshly bread even if it’s been in your pantry for 6 days.
On Fabián León’s YouTube channel, with 230,000 followers behind him at the time of writing this article, you can find many survival cooking recipes, harvesting techniques and more foodhacks.
From how to cook the perfect fried egg, peel 15 garlic in 15 seconds, make homemade pesto sauce with carrot stems, recipes using banana or apple skin or creamy risotto with lemon peel.
This article was published in Business Insider Spain by Andrea Núñez-Torrón Stock.