Mental health problems associated with anxiety are the most common of all mental illnesses. 20% of the population suffers from anxiety, and this percentage increases to one in three adolescents.
Anxiety can lead to more serious physical and mental health problems, if it continues long-term. That is why you have to look for remedies to combat it.
It is a nervous disorder that causes excitement, fear, fear or concern for something that has not yet happened, but will happen in the future. future. The drama is that most of these future events never come to pass, but we have eaten all that nervousness.
What is mindfulness, and how does it relieve stress and anxiety?
A known remedy to reduce anxiety is to do some type of exercise at home, or play sports.
Exercising isn’t just about grinding out at the gym. Yoga and Taichi are considered exercise, and they are also excellent for reducing anxiety.
Regular physical activity helps improve sleep quality, reduce inflammation, increase confidence, improve energy levels, and relieve stress and tension.
But if it’s not done right, Instead of reducing, it can increase nervousness. For example, some people feel anxious about playing sports with other people, the fear of injuring themselves, or that others see that they have excess kilos.
The best cheap treadmills to get fit in 2022
That’s why Dr. Josh Axe, on his blog Dr. Axe, recommends following these guidelines to ensure that playing sports relaxes us, and not the other way around:
- If a physical activity generates anxiety, discard it: go to the gym, play soccer with friends in case you get injured, let others see you play sports… Don’t do it until you don’t have anxiety.
- Find an exercise that you like and relaxes you: go for a walk, work in the garden, ride a bike, do a stationary bike while watching TV, yoga, taichi… It has to be something that you like.
- If you have fun when you’re with a family member or friend, and you don’t mind playing sports with someone, ask them to do it with you. It tends to reinforce commitment.
- Choose an outdoor activity. It has been shown that simply going out for some fresh air and feeling nature generates well-being and reduces anxiety. If you also play sports, much better.
- Make exercise a habit, doing it every day at the same time. Even if it’s only 10 or 15 minutes. Your body and brain will prepare for it, and you’ll even notice that you feel like it.
- Doctors recommend that people with anxiety do exercise in the morning, because the relaxing effect it can last the rest of the day. But any time is valid.
Put these tips into practice, and you will see how your anxiety begins to decrease.