Nintendo has released the 1.2.0 update of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shiny Pearl for Nintendo Switch. The patch, now available for download, includes a number of new features—other hidden ones may be identified by the community—and fixes known bugs; from the Union Room to eliminating illegitimate Pokémon in online matches. Let’s take a look.
What’s new in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Glistening Pearl patch 1.2.0? Patch Notes
Patch 1.2.0 for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Glistening Pearl brings all these new features, according to the official Nintendo of America support portal.
- Union Room: update to allow access to a total of 8 players in Local Room or up to 16 players in Global Room. In addition, the functions of Greeting with a Trainer Token and Decorating Capsules have been added.
- Coliseum Function: the Colosseum Function has been enabled on Floor 2 of the Pokémon Centers. It is now possible to choose whether to play Single, Double or Multiple Battles; also the number of Pokémon and their level both in local and online games.
- Jubileo TV: From now on it is possible to access the rankings of the Player Group section.
- Illegitimate Pokémon: Pokémon obtained through illegitimate methods can no longer be used neither in trades nor in online battles .
- Game experience improvements: Patch 1.2.0 includes other minor changes to satisfy sessions; although no further details have emerged.
How to update Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Gleaming Pearl?
To update any of your Nintendo Switch games, simply connect the console to the internet; return to the HOME menu and click the (+) button to bring up your menu. Now click on Update. As soon as the update is installed, the latest version number will appear on the title screen.
Pokémon Shining Diamond and Shining Pearl are available worldwide in physical and digital format (eShop) for Nintendo Switch. Until last December 31 they have sold 13.97 million copies. Very close to surpassing the original games. In just a month and a half they have become the tenth most successful title on the console.
Pokémon Day, a week with daily news for the 26th anniversary
The Pokémon Company is preparing a week full of announcements and information related to the Pokémon universe. After all, this Sunday, February 27, is the twenty-sixth anniversary of the saga, Pokémon Day. As a consequence, the Japanese company will offer at least one piece of news a day about different games of the license; including Pokémon GO, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Masters… The unknown that remains is if we will have any surprises this Sunday, a day for which we do not yet have specific details.
Font | Nintendo of America